Two-year during working days
The two-year course for students is for people who have less time, and need to spread their training over two years, but don't want to spend their weekends studying. This means spending 1 day each week in Teach Live training. You will be placed at a different school each year.
A student's typical week
- 1 day a week on placement – about 6 hours, can be spread over more days, agreed with the school based on its timetable (i.e. changes each year)
- A reflective seminar in the evening (4.30pm-6.30pm) once a fortnight
- A full Thursday of taught courses once a month, 9am-5pm
- 4× during the course you will attend an intensive training course lasting a few days, known as an Institute – in total, 12 days 9am-5pm
- 5× during the course you will attend a full-day excursion to an interesting Czech school
Provisional course timetable
|2017||24 April||Applications close – First round of admissions process|
|9-25 May||Second round of admissions process|
|12 June||Students' first meeting with the team and information briefing|
|25-29 August||First Institute|
|4 September-31 January 2018||First school placement + Reflective evenings + Monthly taught course day (Thursdays)|
|2018||5 February-23 March||First school placement + Reflective evenings + Monthly taught course day (Thursdays)|
|22-4 June||Second Institute|
|23 June-24 August||Vacation|
|24-28 August||Third Institute|
|3 September-31 January 2019||Second school placement + Reflective evenings + Monthly taught course day (Thursdays)|
|2019||5 February-20 June||Second school placement + Reflective evenings + Monthly taught course day (Thursdays)|
|21-23 June||Fourth Institute|
The dates above are provisional. It is possible that they will change in consultation with participants.
How much does it cost?
The fees for students training 9/2017–9/2018 are:
|CZK 20 000||If paid in full by 14 June2017|
|CZK 23 000||If paid in full by 30 August 2017|
NB – if you discover at the end of the course that it did nothing for you, we will give you your money back! We believe that our course provides high quality training and is a worthwhile investment.
- These fees cover about 10 % of the real costs of the course – the course is currently financially supported by the Depositum Bonum Foundation and other partners.
- If need be, it is possible to request to pay your fees in instalments – if you want to do this please write us a request in your own words and send it, signed, to our contact person.
- More about the costs of the course and its financial support.
All Teach Live students are given the opportunity to participate in a week-long trip to visit inspiring schools abroad for a special price. The details of the trip (dates, programme and cost) will always be announced well in advance.