The one-year intensive course is for people who have time, and want to go for the Teach Live experience at full speed. This means spending 2.5 days each week in Teach Live training. You will be placed at a different school each half year.
A student's typical week
- 2 days a week on placement – about 12 hours, can be spread over more days, agreed with the school based on its timetable (i.e. changes each half year)
- Every Friday 8am-1pm in taught courses
- 5× a year you will attend an intensive training course lasting a few days, known as an Institute – in total, 20 days 9am-5pm
- 5× a year you will attend a full-day excursion to an interesting Czech school
Provisional course timetable
|2017||24 April||Applications close – First round of admissions process|
|9-25 May||2nd round of admissions process|
|12 June||Students' first meeting with the team and information briefing|
|25 August-1 September||First Institute|
|4 September-8 December||First school placement + Friday (Thursday) courses|
|11-15 December||Second Institute|
|2018||3-31 January||First school placement + Friday (Thursday) courses|
|5 February-23 March||Second school placement + Friday (Thursday) courses|
|26-28 March||Third Institute|
|3 April-22 June||Second school placement + Friday (Thursday) courses|
|21-24 June||Fourth Institute|
|25 June-25 August||Vacation|
|24-27 August||Fifth Institute|
UThe dates above are provisional. It is possible that they will change in consultation with participants.
How much does it cost?
The fees for students training 9/2017–9/2018 are:
|CZK 12 000||If paid in full by 14 June 2017|
|CZK 15 000||If paid in full by 30 August 2017|
NB – if you discover at the end of the course that it did nothing for you, we will give you your money back! We believe that our course provides high quality training and is a worthwhile investment.
- These fees cover about 10% of the real costs of the course – the course is currently financially supported by the Depositum Bonum Foundation and other partners.
- If need be, it is possible to request to pay your fees in instalments – if you want to do this please write us a request in your own words and send it, signed, to our contact person.
- More about the costs of the course and its financial support
All Teach Live students are given the opportunity to participate in a week-long trip to visit inspiring schools abroad for a special price. The details of the trip (dates, programme and cost) will always be announced well in advance.